Friday, January 26, 2007

Feeling happy

Finally! I have been in such a funk since probably Thanksgiving. It is so unlike me. I tend to just get over stuff, you know? This time was strange. Every time I thought I was getting over the hump, seemed like something else knocked me down. But enough of that...I am getting back to my old self again. Don't know what it is exactly, but who cares! I feel good, I feel great, I feel loved...I am happy. Going back to work sucked...it still sucks. But because I've gone back, I now have a much greater appreciation for...life. I used to be a total over achiever at work. I strive to be THE best all the time. I always had to know everything. Do it the right way. Do it the fastest. ect...ect...ect...I know now that none of that matters. What does it get me? Nothing but a paycheck that I would get even if I didn't do half of what I did. So my new outlook is: let it roll. Let it all go. Who cares?
At the beginning of the year I came up with a few resolutions...as I said before, I've really never done the whole resolution thing before because I just know myself and know that I wouldn't stick to it. Well after such a trying time in the fall, I just knew that something needed to change. I was ready to get back to me. So one of my resolutions was to lose 30 pounds. Again, at the time I made this resolution I kind of thought..well I don't know if I'll really be able to stick this one out or not. I have no will power...or so I thought. Guys, I am impressing even myself...I know it's only been a few weeks, but seriously, I think I'm doing so good.i have given up soda. For those of you who don't know me...I freakin' love Coca-cola! So this is a big deal for me. I haven't had a Coke in almost 2 weeks now. *yipee* I decided not to go the diet soda route... I hate all diet soda except for maybe diet Dr. Pepper. But I figured if If I can't have the real stuff, then I just won't have any at all. I was kind of inspired by Cathy Z of Simple Scrapbooks Magazine. She talks about the Best Life Diet...The one that Oprah does. I think it promotes more of a way of life rather than a "diet" per say. This is how I have approached my diet situation: See it, believe it, be it. I see myself a size 8, I believe I will be a size 8. In September I'll be lying on the beach in Kauai, and I will BE a size 8. This is all I think about when I'm sitting at my desk at work and all I want to do is go down to the cafeteria to grab a bag of chips to snack on. (I love chips!) It has been the best motivation ever. I'm eating good things, keeping my calories down. I'm exercising (a little) the girls at work and I have been walking at lunch...about 2 miles or so. I don't even know if I've actually lost weight...we don't have a scale at home! But the most important part is that I feel good. I really feel happy and healthy. Another very good motivator!
More happiness...My husband has been wonderful lately. Not that he hasn't been in the past, but again, I think I've learned to appreciate things a little more. He and I have been such a great team during the week. He and I tag-team the laundry, the baths, the feedings, the vacuuming, the dishes, etc...I couldn't do it all without him and I love him so very much for helping me and doing these things because he loves me and he loves our family. He said the sweetest thing the other day....We were out to lunch after church and I caught him eyeing this girl...she's dressed to the nines, has her nails done, wearing high heels, perfectly applied makeup...great body...you know the type. I'm not like that. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl. I don't go to the hairdresser, I rarely get my nails done...basically I'm not what you would call a "high maintenance" girl at all. Anyways so he's looking at this girl and I say to him, "I know I'm not really the kind of girl you really like, am I?" (yes, feeling a little sorry for myself at at the time...It's hard not to when you've got baby spit-up running down your shirt) My husband is always brutally honest...He says: "you know what? No. You're not like that girl. But, (and here comes the sweet part...) that is all just a fantasy...YOU are the perfect girl for me. YOU are what I need. For now and for always. I love YOU." See, I'm getting all teary just typing it! Sometimes he frustrates the heck out of me, but he always, always brings me back. I love him too.
See, I am happy. I hope all of you are too. :o)

1 comment:

camport said...

aww, that's cool. They should say stuff like that to us a million times a day.

Glad you are feeling happy today.

Chrissy