Since it's been forever and ever I think I'll just go with list format. Of course a list of randomness as I can't seem to keep a straight thought.
* I had a big fun photo shoot a couple of weeks ago. I think the more of these I do, the more I learn and see where my mistakes are and where I need to improve. That said, I think each one also gets a little easier and a little better.
* If you'd like to see a sampling of those photo's you can do so by clicking here. I did change the name of that blog in order to be able to fit the web address on a business card. However I think that blog may just go bye-bye because blogger just seems to make photos look crappy. I think it compresses them or something and detail is lost. I don't know. I think if I decide to make a real go of it, I'll have to find some better web host.
* I decided to reinvest the money I made on that big photo shoot right back into my 'business'. Not that I really have a business so to speak, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I had been sort of thinking about taking a photography class and trying to figure out just how I could do it. The online ones that I was interested in seemed way too expensive, or SOLD OUT, or too basic, or too blah. Local college or community classes ran about the same way and many of them required a class in film photography first. I'd have to buy another camera. Why would I do that? So anyhow, I just happened to be browsing my favorite blogs the other morning and low and behold, one of my favorite photographers decided to open up a few more spots in her very popular, sold out photography workshop. I thought it must be a sign so I went ahead and signed up for it. I'll be starting Karen Russell's Photographers Workshop next week! I'm pretty excited about it.
* One more thing about photography then I'll shut up. What's with senior girl photos these days? Some of them I LOVE. But a lot??....um....kinda borderline trashy. I think what is so great about some senior photos is the youthfulness, the innocence (believe me I know most 18yr olds aren't innocent but still), the coming of age etc... but NOT the sexkitten. I mean come on. Arms up over your head, pouty lips, sultry eyes and booty shorts??? Parents approve of this? The pose I absolutely can not stand is the girl in stiletto heels, crouched down with one leg straight out, hand up to her pouty lip. Can I just say: No way in hell would I let my 18yr old daughter pose like that.
* I just wish the sun would come out. I know I complain about the weather a lot. I just require sunshine is all.
* I have not been a very good homeschool teacher these past few weeks. I don't think we've had a full day of actual school in two weeks. I think maybe it's a sign I'm burning out a bit. Which is normal. But for some reason I don't want to take a break. Technically school is out May 18th so I figure I should just keep plugging along.
* I'm very behind on Project Life :-/
* Chickens are not the smartest animals. But they sure are funny.
* This post is borderline really long and boring. So I'll just end it here for now. More randomness to come, I'm sure! You can count on me ;-)