Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week 2. Project Life.

First let me just apologize right now for these horrible, horrible images. It's dark, so there's no good lighting but I knew that if I didn't just sit down and do this, it wouldn't get done.
I'm also not really happy with the way week 2 turned out. For some reason it seems to lack color or something. I really love the Clementine kit, but now that I've worked with it a little, some of the colors almost seem a little too muted. I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyway, it's done. I'm not going to harp on it. I've already stared week 3 and it's looking much, much better. I think I've finally found my groove.
Side 1:
This is the Design F page protector. I really like this format. It was a little intimidating at first, especially since I can get an entire week on just one side of these if I want. But they're also great for extra pics, extra journaling, or 'stuff'.
Side 2: (using the old version of Design A)
See what I mean? No color. Even with the 49er thingy. It's just not doing anything for me.
The top left is a collage I made with some of my 12 of 12 and other random pics. I plan to do a bigger one that actually includes all 12 and put it in a separate 5x7 page protector. I just need to get me some of those. The collage was made from a template I bought online. Lilly Pad designs I think? The pack came with a TON of collages for 4x6. You can find a link for it on my Project Life Pinterest board.
Anyway, there it is. I'm more excited to show week 3 cuz I already like it so much more. :)
By the way, I changed up my weeks this year to go from Monday to Sunday. I'm liking this format a lot. Last year I think for half of it was Saturday to Friday and that seemed weird. Then I changed it to Sunday to Saturday. I like Monday to Sunday best. How are your weeks organized?
Also, I'm not focusing on a photo a day as much as I did last year. What about you?

2 comments:

nicole said...

This looks awesome Corey!! I still need to finish up my week 1...not going to let this get away from me! Looking forward to seeing your next update.

Allison said...

Yay! Rock on. Love it! I'm perusing the web for some 'Design F' inspiration. I didn't start PL until my birthday last year, so I'm still plugging away at the year's worth of Turquoise edition + Design A. BUT... next month I'm starting over with Design F + my stash. I'm going to shoot for one week (Mon-Sun) per page. The 2 albums per year thing is just too much for me.