Friday, March 11, 2011
5 for Friday
I don't know if you know this, but I love to cook. Like second to taking pictures and wasting time on the internet, I love cooking. I subscribe to over 100 blogs on Google Reader. I haven't counted, but I would venture to say that at least 80 of them are cooking blogs. I'm not kidding.
I have a bulging recipe binder. One day I'll actually get around to punching holes in the recipes and put them in the binder rings. I've found SO many good recipes online over the past oh...6 or 7 years. I usually write on them after I've made it with "good!" or "yummy!" or "Pete loves it" and shove it with the rest of them. When I was still subscribing to Weight Watchers, I'd note the points values too. Sometimes it's kind of fun to look through them all. I forget what I have in there sometimes! It's like a recipe scrapbook :)
Anyway, we've had some really yummy stuff lately so I thought I'd share our 5 favorite things, all recipes found right here on the internets.
1. Chicken enchiladas. Oh my word. I've made these 2 or 3 times and I just want to bathe in the sauce. It's sooo yummy. Use low fat sour cream...no one will even notice. Oh, also the recipe calls for flour tortillas, but I use corn because I think they taste better. Just fry them slightly in a tiny bit of oil first to soften them.
2. Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites. Ok, technically these are an appetizer. But I made them for dinner Wednesday night. Goodness they were delicious! You know those yummy soft pretzels at the mall? I would bet these are better. For reals. I've made soft pretzels before, but these take the cake. They are a little labor intensive, but really not hard. Make em for a party.
3. Weeknight Bolognese. This sauce was off the hook! I changed the recipe slightly. Pete doesn't like chunky tomato anything, so I used a can of tomato sauce instead of crushed tomatoes. I also added about 1/4 cup shredded carrot and maybe a tablespoon of sugar to sweeten it just a bit.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. Do I really need to explain this? It's like warm gooey cookie dough in a pie. MAKE IT. you probably have everything in your pantry to anyway. :)
5. Double White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel cookies....with sea salt. I know, I know....long name. But I didn't name it! These are so good! I love peanut butter cookies and these just kind of take it to the next level. Especially if you're into the whole salty/sweet thing. I put some semi-sweet chips in mine too, because I like chocolate and peanut butter. :)
Posted by Corey at 6:25 AM