1. I'm sorta obsessed with Trader Joe's lately. I know it's like SO 2005 right? Corey was living under a rock! Or rather, a town with no TJ's for the last 10 or so years. Now that we have several conveniently located near several of our normal go-to spots, I'm finding more and more excuses to stop in. My favorites are the pizza dough-- I can make my own, but not for 1.29! and I don't have to wait for it to rise for 2 hours either. I also love the sun dried tomato pesto. OMGosh! mix it with mayo on a sandwich?? so good! Oh and I finally decided to try their #1 seller, the orange chicken--super yummy! (if you have any favorites of your own, please tell me. I'm still sort of a TJ's newbee and I get a little overwhelmed in there!)
2. The sun is shinning! It's not raining! And tomorrow it's supposed to be like 70 something. Spring. Finally. I'm ecstatic!
3. This week we've been doing the state standards test for Jake. We have to go to a big church and meet a bunch of other people from our charter school to take it. It's kind of neat to finally see a bunch of "homeschoolers" all in one spot. I should probably do an entire post about this because I really could go on and on about my observations and thoughts. I'll just leave you with this for thought.... An 8 year old girl allowed to walk around all day with no shoes on. Not even socks (and it's still kinda cold in the mornings) because "she doesn't want to". And another student taking Trapeze lessons (yes as in the trapeze at the circus). I'm not saying anything. I'll let you guys just think those two things over. Feel free to talk this over in the comments. :)
4. My dad is still in the hospital fighting pneumonia. When I spoke with him yesterday he had had another chest x-ray and it appears he is no worse, but no better. It kind of deflates me to hear that, but I have to look at the positive and think no worse. no worse is ok.
5. it seems as if our move to the city/country as inspired a real pioneering spirit in us all. First chickens and now a vegetable garden. The kids are outside as I type pulling weeds for our soon to be food plot. Next up--I'm thinking of learning how to make my own cheese, try out bee keeping and then maybe try my hand at natural soaps, deodorants and oil cleansing. Just kidding. Well, not really actually. I wouldn't mind trying any of those things. Except I'm sorta scared of bees.
6. Jake finally lost his front tooth yesterday. I swear it's been loose since before Christmas. Maybe before Halloween. Forever. I can't believe how much he is like me when it comes to this stuff. I would never ever do anything to pull my teeth out. I'd wait till they just fell out. And that's exactly what he does. We were driving to his test yesterday literally a block away he says "uh....mommy?" I look back and there is his little tooth sitting on his tongue and blood kinda seeping out of it's hole. I just had to laugh. You can't even take the tooth out of your mouth??
8.I finished reading A Reliable Wife on Sunday. I basically spent all afternoon reading. It was SO good. Deliciously bad. Does that even make sense? Read it if you haven't already.
9. Because I can't think of...
10. 10 whole things to write about today.