Thursday, January 27, 2011

Project Life.


Got my Project Kit in the mail today. I was SO excited! I quickly got down to business putting it together. Since I'm basically a month behind because they ran out of kits, I had 26 pics to print so I could "catch up" so to speak. Because I have NO patience what so ever and because I have these instant gratification tendencies, I sent my photo order out to Rite Aide this morning, knowing my kit would arrive this afternoon. Lesson #1 don't do that ever again. Please, please please I'm telling you now...Don't ever get your photos printed at Rite Aide. It's like...they're not even on photo paper. More like really cheap brochure paper. You know what I mean? The color isn't right, but I half expected that anyway. Anyway, they look crappy. I won't be doing that again. I will either print myself (going to get new ink tomorrow!), or drive the 30 minutes to Costco for what I know will be excellent quality + better service. The girl at Rite Aide was like a strung out crack ho. No joke. Lesson #2 I took way too many vertically oriented photos. The way the kit is set up is for 4x6 landscape photos. In it's simplest form anyway. You could order another set of page protectors for this, but I didn't. So I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with those pics that are vertical. Because I don't like the way they look in there all sideways. What I'll probably end up doing is just printing them so that they will fit in the smaller journaling pockets and then find some other "stuff" to go in the bigger pockets where the photo normally would have gone. Lesson #3 get my home printer working! I just know this whole process will be so much easier and more fun for me if I can just print daily or at least every couple of days. Like I said before, I like instant gratification. So if I can print it myself, I will! I have an Epson PhotoSmart printer and I love it. I just don't love having to change the ink all the time. They say you're supposed to get 100 pics out of it, but I have never ever got that much out of one ink pack. Anyway, I'll be heading to Staples tomorrow morning to get that ink and spending the rest of the afternoon finishing up my journaling. (That is, after I fold that mountain of laundry I ignored today!) I'll post some progress pics as I go.

4 comments:

CAmport said...

I can't wait to see what becomes of your PL. I really just don't think I'm dedicated enough to keep up with something like that. It would feel like WITL to me, but never end. I am intrigued to see what the rest of you guys do with it though. I've made the same photo printing mistake with a few drug stores around here. Luckily, Costco is only a ten minute drive for me. :)

nicole said...

so glad you got your kit corey!!!

i also made that mistake with the vertical photos...and yes from here on out if i have a vertical that i have to include i'm going to print it at the smaller size for the middle inserts.

looking forward to seeing how yours comes together!!

Jude said...

You and Nicole are amazing... right Chrissy ?!?! LOL :) I hear ya about the photo ink too! I LOVE printing at home though. The guy at staples chatted with me about the better options for photo printing now too... since my printer is SIX years old!

Brown English Muffin said...

I'm like you that I need instant gratification as well, i love my little photo printer..even if I'm not IT'S best friend!!! lol