Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Durl.


That's what she calls herself. Or maybe even more acurately....Ba-Durl. Translation: Bad Girl. That would be my fault. Isn't it nice to know how good I am at istilling self confidence at such an early age? It happened by accident. She was getting into my scrapbook stuff...and marking things up with my cool new Sharpie pens. I turned around to see her standing on my chair, pen in one hand and (it still hurts just to type this...) a piece of my brand new Making Memories Pasport collection paper! GAH! So I screamed..."NOoooooo! Baaad Giiirrrl!!" and leaped across the room to save the ever lovin paper. Priorities, people. Priorities.
So now, every time I dicipline her she says "noooo. Baaa duuurl."



She doesn't look so bad here, does she? I'd say she looks rather cherub-ish, don't you think? Despite the funky crop of the photo anyway. The original shot was a self portrait with me holding the camera. I cropped me out of it cuz dang, I just looked too freckley and frazzled and there just ain't enough photoshop in me to begin to fix it!
I just love this girl. Man I love her. She has just been the perfect addition to our family. I can't imagine life without her. She is cherub-ish and sassy, and loving, and sweet, and fresh, and she's got a little fire in her that I just can't describe. Oh, and she's got her daddy wrappped around her finger.

Other Megan-isms:

Dat= Cat or That
Diddy=Kitty
Ah-doe-bop= Otter pop-you know those juicy popsicles? The girl knows what she wants.
Dup= Cup
Stick= lipstick/chapstick or sticker. She simply says "stick"
Haaa Doeee= Heeeellloooo
Waddy= Water
Were Dada? = where's daddy?
Were Jay?= where's Jake?
Mo Meok= More milk
other words she says perfectly:
StoP
FooT
NoPE
SoaP
SiP
She says all kinds of other stuff too. But this is what I can think of off the top of my head.
It's hard to believe she's almost two. It seems in the past month or two she really seems to be growing up. She has so many words now. She can just about put her own shoes on. She buckels her own carseat...well, mostly. And she kisses her own owies. And she tells Jake she's "sar" if she hurts him. And then gives him a hug and kisses his owie.
Here's what she thought of me today, when I tried to take a picture of her in her cute yellow dress.


Already averting the camera and showing off her booty. Nice.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I would have done the same thing if a sharpie were to come in close contact with a sheet of my MM paper :)

She's a cutie, no bad girl there at all :)

beth said...

oh my word! awesome photos!
she's a doll.
:)

camport said...

man, she's cute. And I saw no badness whatsoever during our brief encounter.

You are a good mama.

:)

nicole said...

LOVE that last shot - and your description of it has me lol!
funny how the "d" sound fills in for anything that they don't know how to pronounce at this age - will does the same thing!
and I can also say that having a girl is so fun - but oh my the drama - with one at 4 (and the boys to compare her too) it is crazy :)

Cheryl Wray said...

I just LOVE this age!!!! The things they say are SO cute!!!!!!!

and the pics are beyond cute!!!

And....I would have totally jumped across the room and grabbed those sharpies too. Yikes!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...she is adorable! It's amazing how much personality kids have :) LOL @ the yellow dress pic!

Allison said...

Haha! SOOO cute!

NoraAnne said...

Corey, she is adorable!!! I love the middle picture, it is so sweet and she looks SO angelic!