First, I still want to talk about the lawn...I have to thank you guys for letting me know I'm not crazy for thinking the letter I received was a little rude. I think Jude's rebuttal letter in the comments of my last post was awesome. It was perfectly pointed and exactly what I'd like to say the person! And, I really think I'm going to find some tacky yard ornaments and load my front lawn up with them. Anyone know where I can find some pink flamingos? Hook me up! Also, as I discussed with Chrissy via email...next time I mow, I will strap Megan to my hip with a bungee cord and get to mowing...all the while I'll be smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. (Not really) But wouldn't that be funny? In a sick and twisted sort of redneck way?
In all seriousness though, I think that what bothers me most is that it was from a neighbor. Not the home owners association. If it was from the HOA, that is one thing. That is their job....to maintain the quality of the association. I would expect a letter from them. What my neighbor did is try and handle the situation his/herself and in turn has created a very complicated environment. Because now, instead of cussing the HOA, I'm now wondering which neighbor I should cuss. Now, each time I exit my house and speak to a neighbor, behind my cheeky smile I'm thinking, "was it you? was it you? It WAS you. Well, you can just kiss my long grass!" Which is not the sort of attitude I'd like to have. I'm about 90% sure I know who wrote the letter, but I'll still always wonder. Really, I'm over it. But I thought it necessary for us bloggers to kind of finish our cyber conversation :)
On to other news....
* Jake had his Kindergarten physical yesterday. All was well until it came time to get the booster shots. Oh my. To say that it was dramatic or even traumatic would be an understatement. The kid went absolutely nuts. He was sitting on my lap with my legs wrapped around him and my arms around him in a tight bear hug and I could not keep the kid from flailing around and screaming like a banshee. You would have thought someone was murdering him. "NOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO IT! AHHHHHHHH!" I'm sure if he knew any choice cuss words, he would have used them and called that lady every name in the book. He was totally out of control, complete with hyperventilating and everything. The good news is, if someone really was trying to do him harm, the boy would not go down without a fight. The kid has pure determination.
* Megan has been using the word No for quite some time now. But until recently it's just been a word she used to answer any question.
Me: Are you a good girl, Megan?
Me: Are you a bad girl?
Me: Do you love mommy?
But in the past week or so, the word has evolved and she's finally begun to understand it's true meaning. Enter: Toddler defiance. It's a lovely thing, isn't it?
She's also quite the tattle tail-er. Every opportunity she gets, she tells on Jake, the dogs, the cat. The tattle goes a little like this:
Her: Mama! (then she points her finger)
Her: da ba dee do da! Bad! (and yes, she really says "bad")
It's quite funny.
Other words added to her vocabulary lately: More, please, bite, shoe, ow!, what's that?, out side, and Shhh! which also includes the finger up to her mouth and everything.
I also caught her pretending yesterday. I was absolutely floored. She was sitting quietly by herself playing with a few of the dishes from the tea set I got her at Christmas. She scooped some pretend food out of the bowl and said "mo? (more) Bite?" and she scooped some imaginary food into an imaginary persons mouth. She's only 19 months old. Isn't that kind of young to be pretending that way? I was just shocked. But it sure was cute :)
* We had a lovely Easter on Sunday. Spent the day at the ranch and had a big family BBQ and Easter Egg hunt. It was a blast..I took a lot of pics, but none really that great.
* We're going on a church field trip tomorrow to Mrs. Grossman's Sticker Factory.
* I'm sick again. I hope I can make it through the day tomorrow. I feel fine if I just sit here. But the moment I get up and do something, I get the chills and my body aches all over. It's not good.
That's about it for now. Hope the week is treating you all well. :D