Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pidoman, muscles, and top 10 inventions

Ok so I'm sure you've noticed the banner. Can you do me a favor? Ignore it. It's buggin me because it's all stretchy and stuff. I need to fix it. But I'm lazy, and I'm not at home right now.
Back to business---Jake still thinks he's Spiderman. He just cracks me up. So Sunday he's walking around all day with these tiny little Mr. Potato Head glasses on. They're perched right on the tip of his nose and he's getting all squinty eyed trying to look through them. (I know, a picture would help, wouldn't it?--I'm not home so forgive me for the lack of visuals!) Ok, so he's wearing these glasses all day long. I say "Jake, why are you wearing those?" He says "deese are my Pidoman gasses Momma". I say "Spiderman doesn't wear glasses you ding-a-ling". "Uhhh Yes Momma, he do. Pete-o Parko (that would be Peter Parker)wears gasses and he's Pidoman". Uhhh DUH! The kid is smart, I tell ya! Memory of steel.
Muscles-Another funny Jake story. First I'll give you the background. This goes back to when we were up at my moms after my Grandma passed away. My cousin, Jeremy was up there. Jake thinks Jeremy is SO cool. So we're eating dinner one night and Jake is not eating his baked beans. So Jeremy tells him " you better eat your beans or you won't have big muscles like me" Then he flexes his bicep. So then the other day Jake points to his elbow and says, "see my big muscle Momma? It's weely big, huh?!" I say "dude, that is your elbow...this is your muscle". Of course Mr know it all says "nu uh Momma! Jermy told me. Dis is my muscle! See I eat de beans, dey go down my froat, and den I get big muscles right here!" And he shows me by pointing to his throat and then drawing a line with his finger down his arm to his elbow. Ok, so maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is funny. Me and my mom. We think it is.
Top 10 inventions: I was listening to the radio on my way to work today and the DJ had a list of the 10 top inventions that have changed our lives in the last 25 years (so since 1982) I just thought this was pretty interesting. Can you think of what some could be? I don't remember all of them, but some were the iPod, DVD's, the Blackberry, and stuff like that. But two of them really stuck out to me. One was the debit card. Can you believe we've only had the debit card for 12 years? It first came out in 1995. I could not live without a debit card! Could you? I mean can you imagine writing checks at the grocery store? Or actually carrying your checkbook with you? I never carry mine with me. Number 10 on the list was really great....Bagged salad. Think about it... this is a totally awesome invention. I mean who cares how much it costs? You're totally going to buy it. How often do you buy lettuce and all the other stuff that goes in a salad. I never do that anymore. I might buy a tomato, or you know something else to go in the salad. But I always, always buy the pre-made stuff. Don't you? What else can you think of that has changed our lives?
I know, this was kind of a boring post, but it was just stuff that was on my mind today. I could tell you again how boring my job is....but that wouldn't be any fun, now would it?

7 comments:

HereNowSeattle said...

that is so cute about pidoman and peto paker. adorable. i cant beleive the info about the debit cards. 1995 seems like yesterday. take care!
the invnetion that changed everything = the internet.

Melissa said...

I can so totally relate to the whole glasses thing...it's something Tanner would do.

It think it's great that he can differentiate between Peter Parker and Spiderman...:)

Don't worry about the "boring" post. Not everything in our lives can be "blogworthy." Sometimes there are boring days. And that's ok.

And seriously, what would I do without a debit card? I don't ever have cash. NEVER! Thank goodness that McD's takes debit now... :)

Brown English Muffin said...

Corey I can't believe they ran the same lines on you too...do you think they have a script they follow? Like first tell the client the fax machine is broken, then tell them you didn't get the info, then that they need more info!!! LOL

Can you imagine what MetLife training classes are like!!! LOL

camport said...

I never have cash either. It poses a problem when you only want to buy like 50 cents worth of something.

I'm glad you posted! It's been for-ever! And you have to get a picture of Jake in the glasses! So cute. Hang on, too, the Spiderman phase is still going strong in our house. It started around Simon's third b-day...

:)Chrissy

Jude said...

I love it, "pidoman" that should be the title of a scrapbook LO!! I do think it is weird to realize how much the world has changed since we were young... hello? Just think about cell phones!?!? ANd we didn't have a microwave until I was in 10th grade! Weird...

Ronda Palazzari said...

Cute, Cute Stories. Love Pidoman. I couldn't live without my debit card. I'll even use it for only $1.50. The only way I have cash on me is because Andy gets it for me. I am sure the internet was on there. It hasn't been out that long for us. Can you imagine? I wouldn't be writing this note if it wasn't for the internet!

liz mataraza said...

cute story. i remember the spidey days. mine oldest wore his spidey halloween costume to Chuck E. Cheese's for a bday party once and also wore the mask to go see Star Wars Ep. III. silly. but how fun! and i like the stretchy banner...kind of cool, even if you didn't mean it.