Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10 on Tuesday.

So totally random.
1. We're almost done with 2nd grade. And it's only February! Crazy to think about it, but we've already moved ahead in math and will finish everything else within the next 2 weeks or so. 3rd grade and Kindergarten, here we come!
2. Word problems suck. They sucked when I was a kid and they still suck now. There's just no real way to make them better. Not that I've found anyway.
3. Valentine's Day was nice. We don't ever really do anything. I'm just not into going out because it's a made up day and then having to deal with everyone else who went out too. Lame. Mother's Day though...well that's different ;-) We didn't share any cards or candy or flowers. There were no school parties. But I did make heart shaped cookies. And Pete and I had a date "in" ala Jude and Micah style ;-) We do this all the time so it wasn't anything new, but it was still special. I ♥ him no matter what day it is.
4. Winter has returned to CA. boooo! I knew it was too good to last, but man I sure miss those nice sunny and warm days.
5. During 'school hours' my kids call me "Miss Mommy". I have no idea why, they just started doing it. Jake started it and now Megan does it too. Maybe it makes him feel more like he's in school? I don't know. It's funny though. I promise, I do not make my children call me that. I'm not Mother Dearest.
6. So a while ago I 'hid' someone on Facebook. I just kinda got tired of her negative posts but I felt maybe it would be offensive to just delete her. But then I discovered yesterday that she deleted me! Whaaaat?? Should I be offended or relieved? Oh the drama.... 8-P
7. I went to see my dad this weekend. The boys were gone so it was just me and Megs. I haven't seen my dad since Thanksgiving because he was feeling bad from the chemo treatments. Also, the chemo makes him very susceptible to infection so kids with colds don't mix with cancer patients too well. Anyway I was so happy that he was actually feeling really good when we were there. But also SO shocked to see he had become so thin from just a few months ago. I think it was the first time I really realized just how sick he is. I was so happy to see him up and moving around and feeling good, but so sad at the same time. It was just like a big dose of reality.
8. I've been enforcing "quiet reading time" every afternoon for the past few weeks. Ahhh it is so nice to have a little down time before Pete gets home and we start dinner etc... Since Megan isn't taking naps anymore I make sure the kids have at least a half hour in their rooms, by themselves to read and relax. We all get a chance to recharge.
9. We're going to a wedding on Saturday. It's at this really fancy estate on a vineyard. I just realized I have nothing to wear to a fancy estate wedding. Nor do my children. EEKS! What are we gonna wear?
10. Speaking of fashion.... I did, in fact, wear heels yesterday for our 'date in'. Wearing heels was part of my things to do in 2011 list. And judging by the reactions of all 3 other family members it was obvious wearing heels is something I never do, but should do more often. Jake blushed with bright red cheeks when he saw me walk out of my room. Megan shouted "oh mommy! those are really pretty, fancy shoes!" And Pete's reaction...well that's between him and me and not the internet. ;-)

3 comments:

Kimberly White said...

We have 2 weddings this summer ... I have lots of shopping to do! Sounds like you had a very nice Valentine's day!

CAmport said...

1. We did K in like 4 months. Craziness. I can feel the pull to homeschool. It's a matter of when, not if at this point. :/

2. I AGREE!

3. I agree again!

4. That sucks. It is BEAUTIFUL here! Right now...I will be ticked if it gets cold again here. They're saying 70s for the next 10 days at least.

5. That is adorable. Deserves a scrapbook page. You should add scrapbooking to your curriculum. Stretch things out a bit. :)

6. Be happy. I hate FB drama. I have gobs of ppl hidden! Somedays I want to just delete myself from FB, but I guess I like the drama sometimes. :)

7. :( That sucks. I don't even know what to say.

8. GREAT idea.

9. I haven't been to a wedding in at least a decade! Good luck.

10.LOL @ your last statement. Does Pete read your blog??

Brown English Muffin said...

I feel your pain with number 7 it's just sooo hard. I always wonder how can I lessen the burden or feelings for my little one as I get older. Is there a way I can keep myself healthy now to lessen it for her later.

I love this date in thing. I might have to try it, though often times I'm asleep before my little one which sucks!!!