I thought since I had a bunch of random stuff to blog about (what's new?!) I'd just go ahead and jump in on this 10 on Tuesday stuff :)
1. Thank you so much for your support and encouraging words about parenting last week. I really appreciate it. It's a constant challenge and I'm finding I'm always learning, changing and growing from being a parent.
2. I got an iPhone last week. I SO did not need one. You know sometimes you just gotta go ahead and get what you want regardless if it is a necessity or not. I have a hard time with this. I tend to just walk through a store and talk myself out of things. But I didn't do that this time. And you know what? I got a great deal on it, so it didn't take much convincing. I'm having so much fun with it. There's an app for everything!
3. I'm really enjoying the Hipstamatic camera app. The photo above was taken with it. Ali just announced she's going to do the week in the life project again this spring. Since I didn't finish it last fall, I'm thinking maybe doing it this year and using my iPhone for the pics. I'm kinda diggin' the whole Polaroid/Photo booth look to these pictures and think it would make for a fun album.
4. Is iTunes as intimidating to anyone else as much as it is to me? I've never been a song downloader. Never had an iPod or MP3 player...nothing like that. So now I have this phone that is also a music player and Pete just happened to win a $50 iTunes gift card the other day and I have no idea what to do with it. I mean I DO.... But I'm totally overwhelmed with choices. I love music. Where do I start? How would I ever stop? My current faves? But what about my best oldies? Do i mix genres or just go with one for now and get that out of the way? See, I totally over think things. So this gift card is just sitting here. Waiting for me to make up mind about what to do with it.
5. Weight loss/exercise update: It's been 5 weeks and I'm still going strong! I've lost 12 lbs so far and I've moved up to level 3 of the 30 day shred. I NEVER thought I could ever get there. I feel really good and I'm starting to feel like myself again. I still have a long way to go. I'm going for the gold this time. I keep looking at it like going over little hurdles until I get to the finish line. I don't really have any other goals except just getting there. In the past I've done it because I was going on a vacation or whatever. And then once that was over so was the whole "plan". This time I'm doing it for me.
6. Eating well has really not been that difficult. I've found some really great recipes that the whole family likes. Like this and this and this (such a great blog!) We really like tacos and burritos here in our house. I switched over to whole wheat tortillas a few weeks ago. I thought for sure everyone would complain. Turns out they all like them better than regular old flour! Who knew?!
7. Still enjoying our new "normal" around here. Pete has still been busy with business, but since the ranch part of it is out of the equation, it has been SO much better! He's been here Friday nights, guiding hunts Saturday mornings, home in the afternoon, and home all day Sunday. I know not every weekend is going to be that way, but I'm totally ok with that. So far, so good.
8. Really can not wait for spring. It's raining here again. I know rain is not as bad as snow. But I'm just ready to move on now :) I'm tired of wearing sweatshirts. And shoes.
9. Saturday night is our fundraiser dinner for the school PTA. Looking forward to that since it's adults only. :D There's also a silent and live auction and Pete has donated a hunt for it. I'm so curious to see how much it goes for. We already know of 3 or 4 parents who want to bid on it. So we'll see!
10. Oh! I finally watched Julie and Julia last night. What a cute movie! We are just in love with Amy Adams. She is adorable. And Meryle Streep...she's amazing. I teared up just a bit when Julia finally met her long time pen pall. Because...it's that sort of what we're doing here with blogging? Blogging is like the modern day pen pall. And I remember what it felt like meeting someone for the first time who I "knew" but never really met. So yeah...tears. I cry over everything!