Tuesday, March 09, 2010
10 on Tuesday
1. Sometimes I try and be a "nice" mom and I buy things that I'm so sure my kids will LOVE. Like sugary cereal. Don't all kids like that nasty stuff? I am not a fan of sugary cereal. Or really any cereal for that matter. If I have to eat it, give me some Corn Flakes or something. Well apparently, I've passed this trait down to my children. I bought them Lucky Charms last week. They hate it. Absolutely hate it. You'd think I was giving them a bowl full of cough medicine. They want Rice Chex. (not that this is a bad thing)
2. I'm completely annoyed by most drivers lately. It's like....do they even realize there are other people on the road? No.
3. I kind of had a hard weekend on the weight loss train. I didn't go off the program or anything, but I did learn that Not Having A Plan is a very bad thing. We made a hasty stop at a McDonald's Sunday afternoon. I wasn't really that hungry, but I thought I'd better eat something, because I wasn't sure when the next opportunity would arise. So I thought I'd chosen smart with the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. WRONG. The stupid thing was 9 WW points. That's A LOT. I decided quickly that I did not want to sacrifice so many points on one lame-o sandwich so I decided to only eat half. Which ended up being only 3 bites. And I was starving for the rest of the day.
4. I probably would have been better off and more satisfied if I'd just gotten a regular cheeseburger. At least those taste good.
5. I still have not used my iTunes gift card.
6. I keep having dreams that I'm running in a race. I'm a really awesome runner in my dreams. I never feel winded and I always feel like I could run forever. It's nothing like when I'm running in real life.
7. Since I often have strange dreams I like to look them up for dream interpretations.....apparently when you dream your running with other people (like in a race) it symbolizes prosperity and happy times. That's good!
8. Why is it when you lose weight, you notice it in the weird places first? Seriously I noticed it in my fingers, ankles and my boobs first. What about that muffin top? why can't we see it there first? Well, I am starting to see it all over now and I'm not quite ready to go down a jean size....but I might need to start wearing a belt :)
9. I'm really super proud of Jake lately. We got his report card last week and he's improved a lot since the beginning of the year. It's been tough. Honestly I can not wait for the school year to be over. And I'm praying he does not get stuck in a split grade class again next year. With him being so young as it is, AND the only boy in his grade in the class....ugh it's just not been good. But he's really pushed through it. I recommend SpelllingCity.com to anyone with grade school kids. Using this site along with regular homework has improved his spelling, reading, writing and fluency so much.
10. We went to the ranch on Sunday to pick up the last of Pete's things. But really, it deserves it's own post. More on that later.
Posted by Corey at 7:27 AM