Monday, August 17, 2009

Then and Now

Or...maybe it's Now and Then. Blogger uploaded my pictures in the wrong order and I'm not gonna fuss with it! Anyhow, I've been sifting through some older photos over the weekend. A few weeks ago I signed up for a photo editing class at JessicaSprague.com And I've been having a lot of fun ever since going back and seeing what I can do with some older pics I had. But what amazed me most is how much the kids have grown in just 10 months time. Especially Megan. Wow.
Here she is just last week:
And here are two images (I couldn't pick one I liked the best!) from my September/October 2008 file:


Look how much she's grown! I mean, she was a BABY. And now look at her. Where did my baby go?! She only had enough hair for two little sprouts on top. Now she has two full pig tails with ringlets. And that little sideways sippy cup. She hasn't used a sippy cup in months and months. (except at grandma's house) How did I let her get so big?

Here's Jake last week:
And here he is about 10 months ago:

He looks pretty much the same to me. Just maybe a little more mature. I guess maybe he looks bigger all together in the top pic.
Jake turned 6 on Saturday and Megan turns 3 next week. Sometimes I sit back and wonder....how in the world did I get to this place?! But I say that in a good way. Jake asked me the other night when I was putting him to bed: "mommy? Do you wish I was 7?" I said, "no way! I want you to be just how you are right now. I want to enjoy you being 6. I want to love you each and every day just how you are. If we skip to 7, I will have missed a whole year of being your mommy. I don't ever want to do that." I'm not sure he got exactly what I was saying, but he just smiled and gave me a big hug. I really, really ♥ that boy.
School is going pretty well so far. No homework yet, but I think probably by next week that will start. I'm anxious to go to back to school night on Thursday. I've talked to the teacher several times already, but I really hope to get a better feel as to how the class will be structured being that it is a 1st / 2nd grade split class with only 9 of the kids being 1st graders. It's something that I guess is becoming more and more popular as California's Budget Crisis continues. *ugh* That's an entirely different subject. We did find out last week though, that there would be NO field trips AT ALL this year. What a bummer! Even if parents pay, even if parents volunteer to drive/carpool. No field trips what so ever. *boo Governator!*
Megan and I are still working on our scheduling. She still really needs a nap most days. So it's like....do I get her up at 6 so I can put her down for a nap at 11:30 just to yank her up again at 1:45?? Or do I just let her stay up till we pick up Jake? So far I've just been letting her stay up. But man, by the time we get home she is just SO done and ready for a nap. I guess that's probably a good thing.
So that's it for now. Off to check on Jake...he's swimming at the neighbors house.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

They grow too darn fast!!

Great to chat with you last night! I hope all goes well with School!!

Kelly DaCosta said...

They grow sooo fast! You can really see the changes in Megan..Wow!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Gosh, they change so quickly, don't they? I love the idea of comparing pictures.

And both of your kids are just adorable!