Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dear Lord, please help me.

Help me to be a good mom. Help me to teach my children that being stupid is not cool. Please help me to not allow my teenage son to buy/drive a sports car....and then peel out and drive obnoxiously fast in neighborhood streets where there are 7 or 8 5-8 year old kids are playing. And then help me to teach them not to flip the mom's off who are yelling at the teenage boys to "SLOW DOWN!". And please forgive me now for flipping them off back in front of aforementioned 5-8 year olds.
*sigh*
Sometimes I have no self control. I'm a red head. It's like in my genes or something.
Yep, I totally flipped off the idiot 17 year old boys driving like maniacs through my neighborhood. But holy heck! They scared the crap out of me. I'm sitting here in my living room and all of a sudden I hear screeching tires. And then followed by blood curdling screams from a bunch of boys (mine included) playing outside. What would your first reaction be? And it wasn't just once. No. It was like 3 or 4 times. They sped up the street and then slammed on their breaks. And then peeled out and sped down the street again and did it again. All while these little kids are playing outside. Um yeah. Scared me. So I yelled. And a little birdie flew off my middle finger. I'm a mom, it's what I'm supposed to do right?
I sound so old right now...but really, I've never understood why that is so cool, or whatever.
Yep, my house is totally getting egged Friday night.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I totally understand. My neighbor kids drive me bonkers. I'm considering making little notes to go out with the trick or treat candy: please, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, stay out of the middle of the road!!! And don't run into my car with your bikes!!! And don't climb break limbs off my tree!!!

Anonymous said...

Get the kid's license plate number and call the cops. Refrain from flippin the flippin kid off - I know - it does make you feel better at that moment in time, but then you feel guilty because you're not setting a good example for your son at his tender age. Perhaps just being out there with your camera at the ready when the flippin kid comes thru the 'hood again screeching tires - make sure he sees you taking pictures - then call the cops. . . .

Melissa said...

oh my...that's crasy UNCOOL. I agree. Snap pictures, get license plate and call police.
That just makes me sick to think that they think what they are doing is fun and that possibly hitting an innocent child would be ok...

The Klentzmans said...

Oh yeah, it is a constant battle, when I say things like, "Oh man that is jacked" or some other seemingly harmless phras that my 2 year old starts saying everywhere we go. I've managed to not give anyone the finger, : ) but I do mouth off to people in the car or around the house constantly and pray that she can somehow "do what I say and not what I do..."

Jude said...

call the cops!