Wednesday, November 28, 2007


This is Megan "reading" to Jake. She's so funny. She's just recently started doing that baby/toddler jibber jabber talk. You know where they "say" all kinds of stuff with voice inflections and everything, only, you have absolutly no idea what they are saying. Yeah, she's doing that. It's so cute. She does it all the time "da da be bo ba.." And she's also started "saying" what ever you ask her to say. And she's pretty good. Some things she says the exact same sylable, just in a different tone so to her it's a completely different word.
me: say Kitty
Meg: ta ta!
Me: say Daddy
Meg: Da da!
They almost sound exactly alike. Anyways you guys with kids know what it's like. :) Oh yeah! She says Bye-Bye perfectly. Just like that old sketch from Saturday Night Live with the airline flight attendants...remeber that? when they say "ba-bye" member? It's just like that! I've also noticed her comprehention has just really increased in the last few weeks too. She knows exactly what we say to her. She even follows 2 step directions. You know.."pick that up and put it in the box". That sort of thing. She's SO not a baby anymore :(
Not much else is going on around here. But hey, isn't it amazing? I'm posting in the middle of the week! Holy cow! Anyways, I'm trying to get ready for Christmas. I moved my living room furniture this weekend in order to accomodate the Christmas tree. Thatis going up this weekend. I actually like the way I rearagned things. And I'm totally convinced, there are too many dead things in this house. And by dead things, I mean wild life mounts. You know, stuffed deer and ducks and....the list goes on. I'm seriously thinking of charging admission here. The house will be known as the "Wilcox Wildlife Museum". I'm going to have to do an entire post with pictures walking you all throuh the house. I'm not kidding you, it's bad. I wish I had a video camera. (well one I could hook up to this computer) You'd think I'd have creative controll over the place since you know, I am the lady of the house and all. I'm going to have to work on that.
Speaking of Pete, and hunting and all that....The ranch is supposed to open up in Februrary! That's like 2 months away! It finally hit me this weekend that this is really happening. That I'm married to a pig farmer. I got a call here at the house on Saturday...a friend of a friend...He wanted all kinds of information on the ranch. Prices, location, services..yadda yadda yadda. It's the first time I've really felt like I'm a part of this whole thing. It's kind of exciting actually. So we're making up business cards and this weekend I'm going to go up and take some pictures for a brochure. It's been a very long year setting this up and now it's finally becoming reality. Scary and exciting all at the same time.
Well...that's all I got for now. Got to go to sleep so I can be all restful for my boring job. woo. hoo.
ETA: you've got to see this! This is my favorite Christmas song and this version will give you chills! It is REALLY long. 9 min. 9 sec. but I promise you if you hold out for all 9 minutes you will not be disapointed.

3 comments:

camport said...

That's one of my favorites too! Love this version.

Love that the girly is talking and am anticipating many funny stories to come!

And BIG congrats on getting the ranch to it's final prep stages. Can't wait to see how every thing turns out.

:)

Melissa said...

Great video...
Can't wait to see the ranch and your Christmas decorations.. :)

Jude said...

Congrats on nearing the ranch opening... You can tell Pete what a lucky man he is cause I could NOT handle the dead animals. We would have to have a special room for it all! going to check out the video now...
ps CJs arrived!!!!!!!!!