Saturday, June 16, 2007

The boy and his red shoes...

Do you see these silly things? Yes, that would be my son, Jake and his new red Salt Water sandals. So, he and Megan and cousin Blake were hanging out with Grandma Ruth (Pete's mom) on Friday. I bought Jake 2 pairs of really cute flip-flops in the beginning of summer and he refuses to wear them. SO he's been wearing his old tennies with out socks. Yeah he's not into socks right now either. What is a mother to do?! Anyways, Friday he, Blake and Megan all go to the park with Grandma...he gets in the car and takes his shoes off. "eeeww" he says. "My feet TINK!" Well, duh...sweaty feet in tennies with no socks equal tinky feet! So Grandma takes them all to the shoe store and this is what they come home with. Red shoes. I guess it was Blake who picked them out...because of course, he had to have new shoes too. Oh, they had other colors...navy blue, brown, tan. But no, they had to have red. And they both think these are the best shoes any boy could ever have! Grandma took them to the pool and they wouldn't even take them off to get in the water. I'm not saying they're horrible or anything. But why red? Red just doesn't go with everything like blue or brown would! *sigh* Oh well. My cute boy and his red shoes! Whatcha gonna do?

And this little girl...She's on the move! She's been crawling around like crazy for the last 3 weeks or so. I swear, she's just turned into a big girl over night. She's into everything. Of course. I found her in the bathroom the other day chewing on a q-tip. Nice. How is it that I've forgotten about all the baby things, babies do? Not only is she crawling, but she's pulling up on everything. I found her standing in her crib the other day. How could this be? She is my sweet baby! She's still in the infant seat in the car (because I'm too cheap to by a new car seat) but she's been sitting up in the shopping cart now....and pulling everything she can reach off the shelf at Safeway. Seriously, when did she become a baby, baby? A grown up baby? THEN, I go in her room the other night...just to peek in on her before I go to bed. I peek over the crib and there she is sleeping on her tummy! I'm that parent who does just what the doctor tells you and puts her babies on their backs to sleep. I know we all slept on our tummies, but those Dr's and nurses can really scare the crap out of a first time mom. So Jake and Meg both were put to sleep on their backs. BUT they both really liked to sleep that way. Anyways, she's been able to roll over since she was 3 months old. But it just shocked me to see her sleeping on her tummy. She's never done that before. And she looked so wonderfully content. I just can not believe she's going to be one in two and a half months.
I'll leave you with this pic...this is Jake at the pool today. And consequently, this is what he looks like every time I've taken him to the pool. What a grouch. But the funniest thing is, every time we get home, he tells me how much fun the pool was. Tell me, how is moping around and not getting wet fun? Who knows. But I'm just going to keep taking him there. One day he will get in! LOL!!

P.S. I took Megan in the big pool with me today and she absolutely loved it!

6 comments:

Kimberly White said...

Love the TINKY feet and the RED shoes! It's amazing how fast they grow! Joel will be two soon ... time flies! Have a wonderful day! Kim

Jude said...

I am guessing that once he gets hot enough, he'll get in!!

HereNowSeattle said...

what a cute story about the shoes. a scrapbook page for sure! love the picture of him on the chair and i am just like you with the whole tummy sleeping thing. i rember waking lukas up and turning him around....and he was like 8 months :)

Melissa said...

Red sandals! Love them!! I'm sure by the end of the summer, he'll be saying "tinky feet" when he takes off those shoes...

:) Melissa

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE the red shoes and that sweet little baby girl of yours! And the mopey Jake by the pool just cracked me up. I guess if he's having fun...

Brown English Muffin said...

First off I miss Safeway so much we don't have it in NY.

Second those red shoes...how funny does he look on the desk chair in those red shoes!!!

I am with...unless it's a special occasion how many outfits are those red shoes going to match!!!

So was the Q tip a used Q tip!! LOL Yuck! Just joking!

I am like you I follow everything the dr says. But now that my little one is 13 months we let her sleep on which ever side she chooses which is usually her stomach. Even though they say they don't outgrow SIDS completely until age 3! It just reduces considerably after 6 months so they say.

My doctor also told us to wait until out little one was at least a year old before taking her in a chlorine pool...so off course I patiently waited and she's only just started going in. But both times the water has been really cold so she had to get used to it.