Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Not sure if I'll make it to 10 or not.
1. Sunday was the memorial service for one of the people from our church that had passed away. It was a wonderful memorial. She was a little younger than I thought she was. She'd been through so much in her life, and it showed on the surface. But on the inside...she was...so young. She never, ever complained about the things that had happened to her. She always smiled. She always said she was "alright", even if you knew she wasn't. She was a wonderful example of faith, in that way. She always knew He would take care of her. I'd like to think I'm that way, but I'm not. I worry way too much. I don't put my problems over to Him as much or as trusting as maybe I should.
2. I made the photo board for the memorial service. I only knew her the last 11 years of her life. It was amazing looking through a lifetime of memories. Once again, I'm reminded of the power of photographs.
3. I started watching Thirty Something on Hulu back when I first had my surgery. I needed something to do whilst I sat in a recliner for a week. My parents never watched that show when it was on TV. I thought, hmmm maybe I would like it now that I actually am thirty-something. It's funny even though I am the same age as the people in the show...they will always seem older than me. Always.
4. I also started watching Felicity on Netflix thanks to my friend Allison. (Pete is gone this week, that's why I am filling my time with TV shows LOL!) I loved Felicity when I was younger. LOVED it. And when I watch that show now, I am exactly the same age as the characters. (as I was when the show first aired...18-19 years old) Do you know what I'm talking about? Is that just me?
5. The fridge repairman came today. He was late. As expected. But the good news was it wasn't the compressor. And I don't have to go out and buy a new fridge. It was only a $279 fix. Not bad considering what it could have been. But dang, the labor was 3 TIMES the cost of the part. And he was only here an hour. Ca-razy!
6. Pete's in Wyoming this week. Hunting. Of course. I'm glad it's only a week this time. His dad went with him. I'm glad his dad decided to go. I hope they're having fun and will be home soon.
7. My children decided it would be awesome to lick their fingers and stick them in the sugar bowl I have on the counter for coffee. Yeah. I wanted to get really mad at them for doing that. Then I remembered I used to do the exact same thing to the butter when I was a kid. Gross. Don't worry, I threw out the sugar and moved it so they couldn't easily get it. You won't have to worry if you come over for coffee ;-)
8. So I have this friend. Well I guess technically she's more like an acquaintance. I've known her for a long time, and we have mutual friends. We've just never really hung out before. So all of a sudden she wants to hang out. Which is fine. Only she didn't call me to ask. She asked one of our mutual friends to "set it up". Isn't that kind of strange? I guess she's maybe intimidated by me? Or at least that's sort of the way I feel whenever I'm around her. I don't know why that is. I can hardly intimidate my own children let alone someone else....an adult. I don't really know what to make of all this. Only now, I'm supper uncomfortable to hang out with her. I'm uncomfortable because obviously she is. I don't know. It's just weird.
9. Um well....that's all I can come up with. I need to go get all the food from outside in the carport and put them back in the house. fuuuuuun!
Posted by Corey at 2:37 PM