Wednesday, September 07, 2011
No more drama, please.
I don't really want this to become a "poor me" post. But I'm afraid it will probably come off that way.
You know those "friends" you have on facebook? The ones who maybe aren't really your friends or a friend you haven't seen since high school anyway? You know, the ones who seem to always have something wrong happening? Some horrible drama? You know the ones. The ones who seem to get off on the drama and enjoy the attention it gets them for posting their crap on facebook?
I get really annoyed with those friends.
But you know what? I sort of feel like I am that girl lately. Only I don't like the drama. I don't like it one bit. And I don't get off on getting attention because of said drama. I'm only writing this, not for sympathy, not for attention, but only for pure venting purposes. Because, I'm totally sick of it. I just can not take anymore drama.
Lets see here's some things that have gone down in the past year.
* My dog died
* My dad got sick
* various family dramas because of it
* My gallbladder starts going bad
* Dad in the hospital multiple times
* Dad passes away
* More family drama
* My house sells, yet they won't turn off the water because the bank hasn't recorded the new owners name yet. So I keep getting charged for water and garbage.
* various other instances dealing with my old house.
* I have surgery to remove my gallbladder.
Here's what's happened just in the last few weeks/ 24 hours:
* 2 church members pass away on the same day (our church is small, so this is kinda a big deal)
* our pastor is in poor health and it's sad, but we're pretty sure it could be any day now for him too.
* we've had 3 mice in the house. All dead now, thank goodness. But I've since been cleaning like crazy. There is not enough bleach in the world to disinfect after mouse droppings, in my opinion.
* I can't really write about it on the internet since it's not completely resolved yet, but some lady is trying to say we did something when we didn't do. Or well, trying to blame us for something that was her fault. I don't see anything really coming of this, but STILL. It's just one more thing.
* One of my incisions from my surgery (after more than a month) has all of a sudden started "leaking". Yeah. Not blood or anything, but clear fluid, and it's red and irritated and kinda hurts if anything touches it. So that can't be good.
* My computer is on the fritz. It's 5 years old, Dell won't warranty it anymore and it's moving slow and crashes at least once a day. I have a laptop, and it works fine and we can make due, but with the kids homeschooling and Jake being required to be on the computer for a class 30 minutes a day, we really do need 2.
* THEN TODAY all of a sudden, my freezer quits freezing. I've turned it all the way up and it's still leaking water all over my kitchen floor. The ice cream is melted and veggies unfrozen. Luckily the meat seems to be holding up ok. We bought this fridge about 9 years ago when we bought our first house. Nine years isn't old in refrigerator years, is it? They're not like dogs, are they?
Anyway, I realize in the scheme of things, 90% of what I just wrote isn't any big deal. It's just life stuff. We all go through it. I totally get that. Again, I'm not looking for sympathy. I just needed to get it off my chest.
I'm just....*ugh*.... warn out I guess.
I'm just ready for some normal days.
And right after I wrote that....a GIANT spider jumped out of my printer onto my desk and across my keyboard! (*&$(@)(&*%)(*&^! I freaking HATE spiders!!
Someone give me a break! :-P
Posted by Corey at 7:09 PM