Tuesday, May 03, 2011
10 for Tuesday
1. I'm pretty choosey with my friends. I think I pick good ones and we have friendships that last forever no matter what. Above is me and my bestest friend, Kari. We've known each other since we were 2 and 3. She and her whole family (who I've also known forever) came to my dad's service on Saturday. They're like a 2nd family to me. I love them.
2. I don't have to cook dinner at all this week! So far we've had 3 friends bring us entire meals this week. Like I'm talking main dish, salad, side dish (or 2) AND dessert. Seriously?! Goodness we are so blessed. I have enough for each dinner they brought and left overs another night.
3. Some people never change. They may hide their true colors for a while, but sooner or later that rotten egg smell comes back around. I'm just lucky that most people in my life are NOT like this. don't worry, I'm not talking about anyone who reads this :)
4. I found this really cool picture of my dad and my grandma. I know he's my dad and all...but hot dang! What a cutie! I'm bummed the photo is so damaged.
5. also going through my grandpa's things I found military manuals from the 40's with titles such as : I'm a Doughboy (infantry training guide) Korea a brief history and cultural lesson on Korea and her people. One of the first lines says since we are going to see a great deal of her people, we should know something about the events in their lives. I don't know why I find that so funny. I just do. The last one is titled: Going Back to Civilian Life it actually has some good information in it. I just find it humorous that there is a written guide for it.
6. I finally understand the obsession with Pinterest.
7. I'm back into my nail polish craze. I go through phases of no polish then changing it every other day. My newest favorite is called "Big Spender" from Essie. It's kind of a fuchsia color. But it's the name that gets me.
8. I'll take another 100 days exactly like Sunday. Sunday was the perfect weather. But actually I think tomorrow might even be better. (Monday and Tuesday were not bad either)
9. has anyone ever tried out Ancestry.com? I recently was reconnected with a long-lost relative who found us through that website. I'm thinking of getting a months membership just to see...there's so much about my heritage that I know nothing about. I'm so curious now.
10. I think it's time for dessert....I have so much to choose from. Will it be cream puffs or this yummy strawberry stuff that I don't know what it's called or fresh chocolate chip cookies? hmmm...choices, choices..
Posted by Corey at 7:32 PM