1. wish i had a picture for this post, but don't.
2. how is it i'm just now really getting into shopping at Carters and OshKosh? went to the outlet here in town because Jake has outgrown his pants again and it's very hard to find pants that fit him. he is super skinny so we need a slim fit with adjustable waist bands. anyway, i got each kid 2 or 3 outfits, everything was on sale, and i had a coupon so i only spent 50 bucks. my kind of shopping!
3. this weather blows! it's cold and rainy again. the weekend is supposed to be really nice though. so i guess i can deal.
4. i am 25 lbs lighter than i was on January 24th. 15lbs to go.
5. i finally, finally used my iTunes gift card! And...this is exactly what I thought would happen. i can. not. stop. Totally addicted. Note to parents, relatives, friends, random gift givers: I will gladly accept an iTunes gift card for any (but not limited to) of the following holidays + my birthday: mothers day, memorial day, flag day, national ice cream day, 4th of july etc...
6. caller ID. quite possibly one of the last century's greatest inventions. there is this stupid debt collector that keeps calling here. over and over and over all. day. long. they are not calling for us. They are calling for someone else with the same last name. I've talked to them, Pete has talked to them...yet they still keep calling. We tell them we do not know, nor are we related to the person they are looking for. Yet they still keep calling. It is SO FREAKING ANNOYING. We only answered in the first place because I thought it would make them stop. But! they! don't! thank goodness for caller id and the fact that i don't have to answer the phone. But still the ringing every hour is driving me nuts.
7. Jake got an award at school the other day. It's kind of like Student of the Month, only they seem to do it a little different at his school. I think it used to be random selection when I was a kid...you know pull a name out of a hat type of thing. Here they pick a kid from every class that displays either trustworthiness, respect...ummmm and some other ones that I forgot! woops. anyway, Jake got the award for respect in his class this month. we were invited to the assembly where he was presented his award by the principal. and it was good that Pete got to go too since he had the day off. I'm proud of him. He really is a good kid and has been really shinning lately with his attitude around home and his schoolwork. Now, if he and Megan could just stop bickering about everything.....
8. Glee! I recently discovered that some people either a) don't watch this show at all or b) don't like it. For serious?! I don't get it. I just think it's fantastically written and the music is great. Some people say they just don't get it. Maybe go back and watch the pilot episode. But i dunno. I was a drama/art geek in high school and i think that's why i like it so much. plus Sue Sylvester.
9. there! goes! the phone! again! ARG!
10. It's finally time to say good bye to our house. It's been almost 2 years and I know I've sort of thought it would happen before, this time I'm 98% sure we will be moving by June. I'm ok with it. happy actually. i will miss my kitchen and possibly the pool and walking trail. but that's all. i'm ready to move on. we haven't found a place yet, but we're looking. and i haven't packed one thing yet. yes, i'm sort of starting to panic.