Thursday, July 09, 2009

Blogging.
It's not like I don't have the time. I have the time. I guess it's just that I don't have a whole lot to say maybe? I don't know..I kind of go through these phases.
Random thought: Megan is now the age that Jake was right before she was born. That is so weird to me. How is it possible that 3 years have gone by? In some ways I'm Soooooo happy that my kids are growing up. There's no more diapers, everyone is much more self sufficient. I hardly ever use a stroller anymore. I hardly ever have to get up in the middle of the night to check on anyone. If we want to go somewhere, we don't have to stop and go home to take a nap. Although, she still really needs a nap most days. I feel like, in the last 6 months especially, that we finally can go and do family things and not worry too much that our kids are too little for certain activities. It's a good feeling. I'm looking forward to the day that Megan can actually buckle and unbuckle her car seat all by herself.
That all being said.... I can't help but get a little weepy when I look back at pictures of 3 years ago. I miss those first couple of days when all they want to do is sleep and eat and they snuggle into your chest and make those tiny little baby snorkel noises.


NO. I'm not pregnant.
Nope. I'm not planning on being pregnant either.
But YES, I do miss it a tiny bit.

Ok so here's some pictures from our 4th of July weekend. Which included lots of swimming, no naps, staying up late, lots of fireworks, and lame sparklers. I love 4th of July (have I mentioned that before??) even though they make lame sparklers in California.





Looking forward to our next family adventure...whatever that may be :)

3 comments:

Kimberly White said...

Sniff ... I am pregnant and you are making me all excited to meet this new person or persons (we find out in about an hour). Lovely pics of your celebration! Have a wonderful day my friend (thanks for the birthday greetings!)
Kim

camport said...

Look out, Pete, Corey wants a baby!! Hey, the snuggling and snorkel noises totally make up for the middle of the night-ness. I promise. :)

Melissa said...

I miss the baby sounds too....STOP already!! I can't handle another one yet :)