Monday, March 30, 2009


I didn't sleep well last night.
It's spring in Tracy and that pretty much means-WIND. Holly heck, was it windy last night. Normally, not a huge deal...but last night the wind was so bad it was catching in the exhaust fan on the roof of the house....which, apparently is right above our bedroom. It was making the most awful sound. Think of the biggest mosquito you could possibly imagine. Now think of that mosquito buzzing right in your ear. That's the only way I can think to describe it. I think I could have just ignored it and slept through it. But Pete...no. Pete was having a little man fit about it. And then every time I would hear it, I was wondering if this would be the time he got out of bed and tried to shoot the noise with a shotgun. I mean....it was bad. But there was nothing we could do about it. How do you stop some weird noise on your roof in the middle of the night?? Much tossing and turning from both sides of the bed last night. Then...to make it just a tiny bit worse...about 1:30 in the morning, a second noise started accompanying the prehistoric mosquito noise. Our neighbors just recently put their house up for sale. The sound was their metal sign flipping around and smacking itself on the the wood post. *sigh* it was crazy times last night.
So not much else going on around here. Besides the wind, its been so nice outside. So we've just been hanging out, going to the park, cleaning up the yard...that kind of thing.
I'm also trying to plan our Second Annual Easter at the Ranch party. Last year we went up to the ranch, had a BBQ and Easter egg hunt for the kids. It was really fun so we decided to do it again this year......only bigger. Last year it was just our family. This time....well this time I don't even know...Pete just keeps inviting people! Which is fine....except that I've been put in charge of organizing food and the all important Egg Hunt. Do you know how hard that is when you have no idea how many people to expect? Or how many kids there will be? Any suggestions on how to do a super cool egg hunt? I'm thinking of organizing some sort of fun things for the adults too. If you have any ideas, please let me know!!
I think that's all I got for now....

3 comments:

Kimberly White said...

You are ambitious! Sounds like it will be fun ... and I have no idea about those things (we never did easter egg hunts when I was a kid ... I'm still learning!) Have a great day (hoping it wasn't quite as windy last night!)
Kim

Brown English Muffin said...

Oh this sounds like sooo much fun...I can't wait to see pics.

I think the funniest picture is an adult doing potato sack race!!!!!

Melissa said...

The wind would drive me nuts too....UGH. Sometimes Mother Nature just doesn't understand when it's sleeping time and not sleeping time...

I hope your party planning goes well...