Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in Business.

At least I hope we are.
Over 200 dollars, countless hours on the phone and a week later, I think, I hope, my computer is fixed.
Apparently we had a whopper of a virus. Actually once all the scanning and deleting were done, there were over 450 suspicious, malicious, trojanish, wormish, adware, spyware and all kinds of junk on this computer. Yes, that is not a typo. Four HUNDRED and 50 baddies on here. I asked the technician...what did I do? How did it get so bad? And he didn't have an answer. He said sometimes it just happens.
One thing I can warn everybody about is a trojan or something called Spyware 2009. This is a major baddie. It acts just like Windows or your antivirus telling you that you have a virus. It asks you "do you want to stop this attack?" DON'T CLICK ON ANYTHING. NOT EVEN "NO". The technician said even if you click on "no" it still downloads it to your computer. And it ended up preventing all the antivirus on my computer from working and preventing us from downloading any other program to delete the bastard. (pardon my french) I was on the phone yesterday from about 2 in the afternoon until 7 o'clock last night while the tech fixed my computer remotely (from India).
Anyway I hope we got it taken care of.
On to other things...
We had a blast at Disneyland. Gosh, I just love that place. I ended up going on a couple of rides by myself (because the kids were too little so Pete and I just traded off with them) and after that experience I decided I could absolutely go to Disneyland all by myself and have a great time. Of course, its much more fun to share the experience, but if given the opportunity I'd go all by myself. I just love it so much.
The kids had a great time too. Megan (although you cant really tell from the pics) LOVED it. She loved every ride we put her on and just soaked up the whole experience.

Jake liked it too, although I was thinking he might need some therapy afterwards. See Pete and I are kind of mean. We put that kid on every ride he was big enough to go on. Including Space Mountain and the Hollywood Tower of Terror. YEP. Space Mountain is my favorite ride and I was so excited for him to go on it. He went on with Pete and when he got off I was like "come on! go on it with me!!!" and he didn't say anything. I said "didn't you like it??" He just looked at me for a second and then said. "It was STUPID." It actually scared the crap out of him. I guess we're mean parents. Oh well, it was good for him. :) After being home for a while he's calmed down a bit and decided that he had a great time. His favorite ride was Splash Mountain which really surprised me considering it has a big drop off at the end. Megan's favorite was probably Pirates of the Caribbean. (smart girl! i love that one too) Anyway, it was a great time. I'm so glad we went and got to have some time together. Megan was absolutely attached to her daddy the entire time. No one else was allowed to push her stroller-ever. It was sweet.
Last week we were blessed with a couple of really beautiful days. Thursday I took the kids for a picnic at the park and Friday we spent all afternoon cleaning up the yard. I'm so ready for the warm weather!!

Saturday it rained again so I spent most of the day cleaning up the house and doing a little scrapbooking.

I was lucky, Jake went to a birthday party and Megan took a good long nap so I basically had the afternoon to myself. It was nice.
Oh, and one more thing...I'm pretty sure this made national headlines--4 police officers were killed in the line of duty on Sunday here in Oakland. I was shocked and saddened to find out that one of them lived right down the street from me. I didn't know him personally, but I always saw him and his wife and kids out in the yard, they always were very active in the neighborhood. He worked for the Oakland PD since 1991. Anyway, I'm just very sad for his wife and children and if you're the praying type, if you could just remember the families of these guys who lost their lives, that would be great.

6 comments:

Kelly DaCosta said...

I am glad your computer troubles are behind you. Love the scrapbook pages...reminds me how much I need to work on.

Jami said...

I have not been to Disneyland since 1976, but Catherine and I went by ourselves a few years ago and we had so much fun! Like you, I know I could go alone and still have a blast. I loved everything about the trip and wish I lived there. My idea of retirement would be there. It's the "happiest place in the world", even for us supposedly grown ups!!! Glad you all had fun.

Jami said...

Forgot to say, we went to DisneyWorld! I read my post after I hit send and without that piece of info, it made no sense..........typical of me!

camport said...

Sean somehow encountered that trojan virus a few months ago. It was the windows logo that got him, too! Evil, evil people.

Love the LO's, esp the Spring one. Too cool! Glad you're back in business!

:)

Melissa said...

LOVE the layouts...so great :)
Computer viruses SUCK big time. Thank goodness Andy can fix them up.

And yeah for Disney :) We love it there too...

Kimberly White said...

So glad you are back on track! And I'm so glad you had fun at Disneyland ... Matt and I are thinking about taking the kids someday (hopefully soon!) HAve a great day my friend!
Kim