Monday, February 04, 2008

Life of a SAHM


You would think I haven't folded laundry in a year after the pile I folded this morning! Geesh. Laundry is never ending, isn't it? I don't mind washing it...it's the folding that gets me. Especially socks. Man, I hate folding socks. I think I'd rather clean toilets. Maybe.
Things are settling in around here. Trying to get into some sort of routine and start getting some things that have been a little neglected, taken care of. Like scrubbing the showers, cleaning out closets and the pantry. All these are on my to-do list. I really do have to look at this like a job and give myself daily tasks other wise I'd never get anything done. I'm also trying to get up in the morning around the same time I used to. Well, around 6:30 or so. This gives me some time to myself...to figure out what I'm going to do today, read my emails, blogs etc...It also allows me to be ready for my kids when they wake up. I'm really liking this part of my day.
I'm also trying to walk every day too. Today I think, was the the worst walk ever. It is just so flippin cold. I bundled us all up, put hats on etc...but the wind was just unbelievable. The kind that just blows from every direction and makes your eyes water even though you have sunglass on...and then your nose starts running...and your nose and your ears start to feel like if you touch them they'll just break off. Have I mentioned that I hate winter? I couldn't get home fast enough. I'm still going to try and do it though...Spring is coming soon, right?
So that's what's going on around here. I'm glad I'm at home, I know it was the right decision. I can't help but still feel a litte stressed...my face broke out this weekend, I have a cold sore and I ate just about an entire sheet of brownies. You think that might be a sign of stress? hmmm! I can't help but think this is all temporary. I feel like I'm on vacation, or on maternity leave. After all, it was only just over a year ago that I was freaking out about going back to work after having Megan. It's as if time has gone backwards. If that makes sense. I feel like in just a few weeks this will all be over.
Anyways that's all I got for now. Oh yeah, my 365 is all caught up so check it out if you want :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I would rather do laundry than toilets.

Routine is good I tell you, very, very good. I had a routine when I was home with Tanner. What got cleaned and done on certain days. I did bathrooms on Wednesdays. I hated Wednesdays...

Cheryl Wray said...

Laundry KILLS me!!! It never ends.......

camport said...

LOL about the sheet of brownies! I think, yeah, maybe that might be a sign of stress. To chill, you may want to check out the library reading group. Take your kids, chat with the other moms, and relax. This SAHM thing isn't all about laundry! Leave the dishes, get out of the house, lest you be begging for a new job by weeks end!

Go chill at the park{stopping for a latte on the way, of course}. Make friends with other SAHM's. Remember that YOU need time for you{especially to de-stress for the time being}. Talk about preaching to the choir! lol

:)