Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Seriously

I'm getting really tired of looking at scrapbooking message boards and galleries. It's almost all I do every day. Sad, isn't it? Pathetic, really. You'd think I'd find something better to do with my time. But, since my access is limitted at work, they let me look at the SB stuff, so i guess I should be happy about that. But I've gotten to the point where I LOVE looking at my friends stuff and I HATE looking at everyone elses. I feel like I've seen it all before. Instead of inspiring me, it's actually kind of like overkill. My brain feels dead to it. I never thought I'd feel that way. And there's really SO much good stuff. Especially on SIS. I mean really overwhelming. The message boards are all about contests that I did not enter because #1 I just don't have the time, and #2 because I'm just not too much of a contest person. And I'm just sick of hearing about it. And people getting all worked up about winning and not winning. I'm not competitive. On that note, I did submit a few pages (which I've never done before) just on a whim. I thought, you know, what the heck. (I'm a hopeless wishy-washer!) We'll just see if anything comes of it. *I hardly think so* I think my lack of intrest right now is all just a phase that will fade shortly. Scrapbooking is my thing and I'm really not ready to let it go.
Some things that have been going on lately at home:
The ranch: Is still coming along. Pete works his butt off. He really, really does. I am so proud of how dedicated and commited he is. But dang, the kids and I do miss him. You can really tell the kids do. They both RUN to him, arms out ready to embrace him every time he comes home. It's so cute! He loves it.
Megan: She's everywhere now. The girl runs everywhere she goes. And sometimes, for that extra bit of aerodynamicy (yes, I made that word up), she puts her arms back so she can get just a bit more speed. She likes to follow Jake everywhere, and loves to be in his room. He has a little tent in there that we keep up all the time and she thinks it's great to go in there and hide from me. She doesn't quite get that to hide, you need to be quiet. She thinks she's SO funny. She also LOVES the cat. Well, this is really nothing new. She's always loved the cat. But now that she is really mobile, she runs after her and then"pets" her. When I say "pet her", I really mean "beat her". She's not trying to be mean, she just doesn't quite get the whole gental thing yet. Poor Miss Kitty. But actually, she does't seem to mind too much. She'll just go hide under something if she gets too annoyed. Megan is not talking too much. She says a few things like "Hi" and what sounds like "brother" when ever she's near Jake...though I never call him brother, I just use his name. She also says "mow, mow" whenever she see's the cat. It's so cute! She loves to be picked up and she kicks her legs like a little frog in excitement. I love it! She also does a little bit of baby sign language. Like, 'more' is her arm streached out and her little hand making a grabbing motion.The girl mostly screams for everything. She's VERY impatient (I wonder where she gets that???) and screams if you're not quick enough with the food or the milk. She also really likes to "do it herself" when it comes to eating. If you try to spoon feed her, she shakes her head no. Little punk! We've been working on the spoon feeding though, and that does seem to be better this week. Oh yeah, and she HATES to be told "No". Oh boy, she throws a major fit. I love toddler-hood. If she wasn't so dang cute, I might go crazy! I do love her so much. Pete and I constantly give each other a look like "oh boy, this one is going to give us a run for our money!" LOL! She's a fiesty little thing for sure. She sure brings a lot of life and love to our family. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have her here.
Jake: He's been REALLY into learning lately. He's a really good "know-er" you know! It's like all of a sudden he just knows stuff. We came home from Hawaii and all of a sudden he can recognize a lot of letters in the alphabet, and numbers. A few months ago he couldn't even recognize the difference between letters and numbers. He is also gettting really good at writting his name. And all of a sudden yesterday he can write the letter H perfectly. He asks Grandma every day if he can do pre-school. He just loves doing it. And I love watching him. He's so precise about everything and follows directions really well, you can see him concentrating. He'll sit and color something for an hour. Just strokes of a crayon or marker up and down, up and down. He'll color a whole paper from top to bottom not leaving any white space left. He also loves to paint. The uninhibited mind of a child is amazing. He's just such a good kid. He's very sweet and kind, loves to snuggle and read books and of course, watch movies. Oh and he loves to "capbook" with me too! He used to be just like Megan when he was her age too! He sang us a "pecial song" tonight, all about Jesus. It was so cute.
Home: I'm thinking about hiring a housekeeper. I'm away from home at least 12 hours a day. Honestly, I just don't feel like cleaning all weekend. AND it seems impossible to keep up on it when there is constantly someone right behind you messing it right back up again. I'd just like someone to come in and do the heavy cleaning, once or twice a month. Then, I think I could keep up on the rest. What do you think? Any of you have a housekeeper? You know what's really funny? I have about 4 or so friends that are all SAHM's and they ALL have a housekeeper! And here I am gone all day and I don't. I'm not saying that you SAHM's work any less than I do. Heck no! Right now, ya'll are working 100 times more than I am! I just wish I could be HOME to keep up on stuff.
Me: I'm getting ready to go meet my girl Chrissy in real life! I'm so excited! I've never been to Seattle, never really been anywhere by myself before, AND no kids and no husband for a whole weekend! Just girls. I can't wait. We're also hoping to meet up with Nicole there too! She and her cousin are coming in for CKC. Seriously, it's gonna rock! I wish all my blog friends could come too! :( Wouldn't that be fun?
oh, and before I sign off here...I just want to apologize to some of my friends...I haven't been leaving a lot of comments lately on some blogs. Beleive me, I am reading, but at work I can't leave comments, and by the time I get home, I just have a hard time finding the time. SO, if you haven't heard from me in a while, I'm sorry and you will soon!
Take care!

5 comments:

nicole said...

What a great update post Corey!!
And I totally agree with you on the galleries/message boards - sometimes I find myself wasting so much time online checking everything out instead of using that time to actually get some layouts done myself!
And also so excited for Seattle!!! I really need to talk to Jacqueline and figure out our 'plan' so that we can some time set aside for all of us to hang out - so great that you are able to get away for the weekend - and very excited to meet you :)

Anonymous said...

Corey Ann, you're gonna love Seattle! It's a really interesting city! Not to mention pretty too! Reminds me a lot of San Francisco just smaller. Hope you and your friends are into coffee and chowder! Crabcakes are high on everyone's menu too! I highly recommend having chowder and hot sour dough bread at Ivar's on the warf. You can eat around the clams if you want. It's really just potato soup (which you love). Pike's Market is so much fun for people watching - you really don't have to spend any money! However it's hard to pass up the flying donuts and fresh, hot roasted nuts and a coouple of the vendors. Then there's the flying fish. . . .you guys just have FUN!!! Love, Mom

Melissa said...

I have pretty much given up on the whole message board/galery thing. I'll give myself NO more than 30 minutes a week. It's pretty much the same old crap, different day.

Love the updates on the kiddos :)

Man, lets email and figure out when we are all going to meet and when. Email me and lets start planning this NOW :) I so was going to go to Seattle, but logicistally and cost-wise it just wouldn't work out. UGH.

Kimberly White said...

So excited for you that you get to meet Chrissy - and Nicole too! Woo hoo! Wish I could come! What a great update - your kids sound so sweet and I had a great little laugh about Meghan's antics! About the housekeeper .... totally worth it. Matt decided I needed one so we have one and it's such a load off. I can do other things (like nap or blog or scrap or whatever and I don't have to worry about the house - I've been feeling so yucky with this pregnancy and guilty because I wasn't cleaning - or doing anything for that matter.) Have a great day! Kim

camport said...

housekeeper...yes! I, obviously, don't have one right now, but can totally see the need in one.

I've never really been a message boarder. I've recently browsed through and left a few comments, but it seems like just another huge waste of time. And the galleries, I post, but don't look at anybody's but friends!

See you soon :)