Happy New Years Eve!
I told the kids that if they were able, they could stay up until midnight tonight. Am I crazy? I haven't actually made it to midnight in years! HA! We got a Wii for Christmas, so I'm thinking some game play along with movies and snacks might help them last?? We will see.
New Years always kind of brings up funny feelings for me. Seems even more so this year. There's always sort of that holiday let-down afterwords and then the long boring winter days of January that seem to drag on endlessly. And yet there still is that excitement of starting new, fresh and wondering what's to come.
This year I sort of feel like hurry, hurry, get me out of 2011! And yet part of me wants to dwell here forever. Like if I hurry past it, I'll be leaving my dad here and I don't feel ready to do that.
I'm sure that sounds weird, doesn't it?? It's hard to explain without sounding crazy. I miss him so, so, so much. There's a place inside me that I didn't even know existed until this year....a place that holds a heartache I don't think will ever go away. My dad existed it 2011 and in 2012 he doesn't. Not here on Earth. I know he exists for eternity in heaven. I'll see him again. ♥
Ohhh....now that I've brought the mood down in the room. Jeez! Sorry.
Lets move on.
As you all know I don't make resolutions. Resolutions are made to be broken. Last year I made a 2011 to-do list...kind of a little poking fun at myself and the new year, but surprisingly, I actually accomplished all but two of the short list.
So without further adieu.... My 2012 To-Do List:
1. Take an out of state road trip. (Nevada doesn't count) This is a repeat from last year. One of the 2 that we never got around to doing. I really hope we do this year. We've been talking about going for a week to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and taking the kids to Yellowstone. I love that place.
2. Take better care of my skin. I've already been trying to do this, but I want to continue and I'm thinking of trying more natural ways of taking care of my skin--particularly my face. Maybe try the oil cleansing method.
3. Continue to learn more and practice photography.
4. Do another garden and this year include a bigger, more diversified herb garden.
5. Eat more real food. Continue to weed out the processed foods in our diet. Get a cow.
6. Make a quilt. (must get sewing machine fixed first)
7. Find an extra curricular activity for Megan to do. That's just for her.
8. Work harder to be in the present. Not live in the past. And not worry about the future.