Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to reality.


Weekend Random.

*On Monday it will be 2 weeks since my surgery. I'm feeling 99% of normal. Every day I feel just a bit better. If I could just bend over without discomfort I'd be 100%

*I never want to have surgery again. I'm fine. It went fine. But anesthesia is just not my thing. Nor is pain. It was a little more than I had expected.

*Monday is also Jake's birthday. He'll be 8. I love him. He's just a really, really good kid. Sometimes I think we expect too much out of him. But he handles it. He's such a help around here.


*Monday is also our first official day of school. I'm ready. I spent all week lesson planning and I'm ready. And excited.

*Just because I totally dig this pic. And cuz she's cute.


*We went to the farmers market this morning. I'm totally loving the one on Grand Ave in Oakland. I actually convinced Pete to come with me...and he loved it! I bought 5 avocados. I can't wait to eat them. Guacamole.

*Oh! AND! My camera...I got a new one. Most of you already know. Canon 60D. So far I'm loving it. Weird, but it's easier to operate than my old Rebel? True story. And full manual is so not as hard as I thought it'd be.

*Looking forward to getting back into a more even schedule with life and blogging and all that.

*Happy weekend!

1 comment:

nicole said...

so crazy that we are already 'back to school'.

love the photos you are posting of jake and megan!!

a bit jealous of you and your new camera :)

so glad you are feeling better!

hope jake has an awesome birthday tomorrow!!