It is Thursday, right?
With summer here it all seems to be the same.
Here are some (surprise!) random things going on around here:
* Moving day has been pushed back a little. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Or set my mind to one thing. Because every time I do that it just backfires! It's fine. Better, actually. Moving day: July 1st. We went over there last Saturday and there's just still so many little things that need to get done. And it's better they get done before we move in. So it's ok. But I'm really getting tired of living in/out of/and around boxes.
* It seems like there's just so many changes going on all at once. Not only are we moving, but so are my in-laws. Pete's parents are moving at the exact same time we are. They're moving to the mountains. And one of his sisters and our little niece are moving all the way across country to Georgia. Again--same time everyone else is moving. Here we all were in this little town and now it seems we're all leaving. It's weird. And bitter sweet. I will miss my Cate. But I'm happy for her and her momma.
* It's official we will start homeschooling in August. We heard from our teacher yesterday and confirmed our enrollment. Which I mean, I knew was going to happen, but it's nice to have the official word. Now it's on to finding curriculum. Oh. My. Gosh....is it EVER overwhelming! There is just SO much to choose from. And what if I don't like it? What if he doesn't like it? What if he doesn't learn anything? Do I really need curriculum for spelling and handwriting?? What about math? Everyone says "use Saxon math" but it looks horrendous. I do not like it. My head seriously spins over this stuff.
* I am craving sugar right now. and pizza. Grilled pizza.
* In the process of moving, I've been able to get rid of a TON of stuff. I went through my closet a few weeks ago and had about 3 bags full of clothes that no longer fit or were just way out of style. I did keep some of my 'bigger' clothes mostly because they're nice and I just felt like well i just can't get rid of it. And I think I just haven't quite wrapped my head around just how much weight i've lost. I put a pair of khaki's on the other day that I figured would be a little big...but um...I could have filled them with water and swam in them. They were huge. Was I really that big? Apparently. YES. I was.
* And clothes that are too big look worse on than clothes that are too small. Mostly anyway.
* I don't like blogs that come up in my feed reader that make me click over to read the whole post. It bugs me. Please don't make your feed do that.
* I feel like summer is already shrinking away. Even though it's only June.
* Ten things I will not miss about living here: 1. the wind-it's awful. 2. doors that don't close-my front door will not stay closed unless it's locked. 3. windows that don't work 4. neighbors. 5. home owners associations 6. garage doors that break 7. neighbors 8. home owners associations. 9. grass to mow 10. again-- the wind.
* The number 1 thing I will miss: Convenience! Living in a suburb every thing is right here. Costco, Target, Wal-mart, Safeway, McDonalds, Michaels, the gas station and bank are all within 5 minutes from my house. I'll be driving to everything when we move. That's going to take some getting used to.
Anyway....I've rambled on long enough yes?
It is Thursday, right?