1. The kids and I spent Saturday with mom at her house for mothers day. It was fun, but I wished it could have been longer. I ♥ her.
2. Sunday Pete's sisters, his mom, and I went to San Francisco for lunch and to see Wicked.
3. We got lost several times. Apparently, none of us have a very good sense of direction.
4. But we finally made it to Buca di Beppo for lunch. They have a delicious apple gorgonzola salad that I'm trying to recreate for dinner tonight.
5. We had about 20 minutes to make it to the theater before the show started after lunch. The concierge at the hotel across the street gave us directions. Of course we didn't follow them.
6. And we found ourselves smack in the middle of The Tenderloin. The Wiki article makes it sound much better than it actually is. Basically it's Skid Row. Very, very bad area.
7. When you're in San Francisco and it smells like sh*t, chances are it's because there is literally sh*t near by. And not of the dog variety. Watch your step. *shudder*
8. Luckily, we were just 2 blocks down from where we needed to be, so we were out of there pretty quick. Thank goodness!
9. We got to the top of 6th and Market with only about 5 minutes to curtain and 2 blocks to go. So of course we started running. I was in some really cute wedge heals, that were surprisingly comfortable, running and all. And then....about 10 steps from the doors, my right ankle gave out and I was *thiiiisss* close to skidding face first the rest of the way. I saved myself though. Oh I never laughed so hard at myself. You should have seen the people standing around. I gave 'em a great show. It was quite hilarious.
10. We made it to our seats about 30 seconds before they dimmed the lights! Wicked was a great show. If you're not familiar, it's the back story to the witches of OZ. You find out how the Wicked Witch of the West becomes green, how she becomes wicked, how the scarecrow, the tin man and the lion all come to be...It's well written and a really cute/slightly tragic story. It wasn't my favorite Broadway show, but I still want to see it again and I want to take my mom next time. I love going to the theater!