Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Haven't blogged in a while...


Nothing new to report I guess. Can't believe Christmas is in less than a week! Jake is totally excited. He seems to really get it this year. He is such a cute kid...he really is good. He really loves his sister. She's really starting to respond to him and he just digs it. The other day he's laying on the floor, holding her head ever so gently in his hands and just making all sorts of silly sounds. She thought it was so funny and was totally giggling at him. I just sat back and watched it was just so dang cute! I couldn't ask for him to be any better with her. He doesn't even flinch if I ask him to help me, like to go get a diaper or something. He just says "ok" and does it. When I was pregnant I had fears of him feeling threatened by her and hating her...not wanting anything to do with her. He's not like that at all, he totally loves her. He does occasionally tell me to put her back in my tummy though! LOL! This picture was my attempt of taking some cute holiday shots with Christmas lights. I took a ton of pictures but none of them really turned out too well. Megan was wayyy into to the lights though. It was all I could do to get her to look at me. She mostly had her head down, staring at them.

So, I attempted to make fudge again today....Not having much luck with the peanut butter fudge. I found a recipe today for easy peanut butter fudge...it was really easy, but turned out really crumbly and super sweet...I mean you need like a whole gallon of milk for this stuff. I made plain old chocolate fudge too. That turned out way better. I guess I'm not much of a candy maker though. I think I'll stick to making cookies.

Gearing up for some major busy days coming up...Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend Kathleen for some last minute shopping, then I've got to come home and start wrapping presents. I'm not a good wrapper...don't have the patience for it! Then on Friday we have services for our Pastor, Earnest Hawtin. He passed away this last Saturday. He was 95 years old in September. We recently celebrated his birthday and his 60th anniversary with his wife. What an amazing life. Saturday doesn't look like too much is going on so I'll probably be spending most of the day wrapping presents and getting ready for the big day on Sunday. Sunday we'll go to my dad's, then to mom's and spend the night, do our Christmas thing there, then we'll probably end up at Pete's mom and dad's for our Christmas thing with that side of the family. This time of year is always so busy and stressful for us...luckily I'm not working right now, it would be even more stressful because I really wouldn't have time for any of this stuff!

Anyways, this is gone on long enough...kind of a boring post...

1 comment:

Corey said...

test