Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween Camping, round 3!

We went camping for Halloween again! It is still just as much fun as it was the first time we went. Pete was actually gone hunting in Idaho the week before we were supposed to go. I begged and begged him the entire time he was gone to come home in time so we could take our own trailer this time. He actually got home around 3:30 AM on Friday and we pulled out with the trailer hitched to the truck around 11:30 AM the same day. He must really love me, or I'm really good at nagging. Let's go with both. ;-)
Oh, but it was so nice to have our own trailer this time. Honestly, I can not wait to take it out more. I'm bummed the weather is changing and we won't be going camping for a few months, I'm sure.
Anyway, here are some pics of our weekend. I tried to take a few more of how people decorated their sites and a few of the crowds as we tricked and treated.
First, here are the kids. They both decided to be pirates. This is Jake's 3rd time being a pirate! I made Megan's tu-tu all by myself! Seriously this is the easiest costume ever, and CHEAP. I think I'll make her some kind of tu-tu every year if she'll let me. :)


Megan, of course, was sick. Because you know, we can not take her anywhere without her blowing chunks.  I'm not kidding, I'm sure you could look back in my archives and find that 9 times out of 10, the girl gets sick when we go out of town. In all seriousness, she was really sick. Fever, chills, barf, the works. :( Her costume and trick or treating only lasted about 15 minutes.

Campsite displays:

 We saw this one right before the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Guy scared the sh*t out of me with his chainsaw. I screamed and spilled my adult beverage (that another campsite was kindly handing out) all over myself. And if you've ever been around me when I get scared, you know that no matter what, I start crying. I can not help it. That's what I get for saying, "I'm not scared of you, or your chainsaw!". I know, easy target. I've decided next year I will get my own scary mask and walk around with it scaring people in order to combat the people trying to scare me.



 This one below looked better in person, the fog machine kinda ruined what it really looked like. Very cool graveyard scene.

 The crowds: the picture really doesn't do it justice.


 This was cool....skeletons made out of PVC pipe. They were sittin' on lawn chairs having drinks. Too cute!


That's about it. There were so many more, but that covers the good ones. There was also a 'fun house' haunted house. They did the same thing last year, but this time it was much bigger. Not as scary, I thought though.
We can't wait till next year! Already made our reservations.

3 comments:

Jude said...

poor megs! :( she did look super cute though! i never thought of going camping for halloween... cool idea!!

Brown English Muffin said...

Megan is simply beautiful....it's so hard to think she was sic in that pic poor child....did you dress up?

Anonymous said...

Halloween camping is awesome! This RV park has 350 campsites all FULL! 349 of them decorated! We really had a good time in spite of Megan getting sick!