Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting on 2009

Here we are again. A new year and a new decade is upon us. When I was looking through my old blog posts the other day I was struck by what I had written about the coming of 2009. I didn't quite come right out and say it, but I know...I remember, I was scared of the unknown. I really thought some things were going to come down this year and I was scared. I thought for sure we'd be moving. That was what I was most scared of, I think. The change that would mean for our family. But it never came. And it's funny how sometimes if you just let go of something, let go of the fear of it, things just tend to fall into place. We're still here, still not sure of what's to come, maybe moving, maybe not. Maybe staying in this town, maybe not. But this time...This time, I'm ok with it. This time I'm not scared. I'm looking forward to whatever 2010 brings.
As I've mentioned before, I don't really like to make resolutions. I don't like the pressure of it. Last year there were 2 non-resolutions that were really important to me. One of them was to be a better friend to those old and new and near and far. I think I did pretty good with that one. I reconnected with some old friends, made a few new ones. It's still something I need to work on though. I need to not be such a flake. I'd still like to go and see my long distance friends :) Friendship is on the top of my non-resolutions list again for 2010.
The other thing that was really important to me for 2009 was to spend more time together as a family. Luckily, this was right on the top of Pete's list too. This was actually one of the best years we'd had together as a family in a long time. With the kids being a little older, and the ranch finally established and not requiring SO much of Pete's time we were able to do so much this year. We spent many weekends together at the ranch (which is fine by me. Together is the point):


We got to go to Disneyland!!



We spent a day together at the beach:



We got in a camping trip. Fun even if it did end in pukage...and it was faa-reeezzzing cold.


We celebrated our 9th anniversary:


Spent lots of time at the pool:


Pete and I got a weekend alone in Tahoe:



Had an awesome weekend at the beach in Santa Cruz:



Went Halloween Camping for the first time:


And had a fabulous weekend in Tahoe (again!) for Thangsgiving:


Not to mention the 4 fun Christmas celebrations we just had. The photos have yet to make it to my computer though.
Hoping 2010 brings us just as much joy as 2009. :)
Happy New Year! May your year be filled with joy, happiness and many blessings! ♥♥♥

3 comments:

Jude said...

yes... visit those friends afar! :)

camport said...

LOVE the photo recap. I was thinking about doing it, but I can't even commit to narrowing down my favorite pics. I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for your family!

:)

nicole said...

such a great recap of the year!!
wishing you all the best in 2010!